Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sunday Brunch { Tofu Quiche }


I'm making Tofu Quiche for today's brunch. I was inspired by a Japanese drama I'm currently watching, Ohitori sama. It was my first time making quiche and it turned out quite nice. I'm surprised I couldn't even taste the tofu inside!

I found this lovely recipe. I adapted it a little by adding extra soft tofu into the recipe.

Ingredients:
Bread 3 slices
Onion, grated 1/4 cups
Shredded Swiss cheese, 2 tablespoons
Milk, 1/4 cup
Egg, 1
Extra soft tofu, 1/2 cup drained of water
A pinch of salt and pepper
Mixed vegetables, 1/4 cup optional

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin tins.
2. Trim or cut bread into circles. Place circles in bottom of muffin tins. Distribute the onion and shredded cheese evenly between the muffin tins.
3. In a medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, tofu and pepper. Divide between the muffin tins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a quiche comes out clean.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks so nice!!
Please make one for me.
From Soft Mohikan

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails